It's that time of year to bust out my snowshoes!!! Good thing I have the perfect boots for this activity!
For Christmas, Santa knew how much I love my Danner boots, so he decided to get me another pair to try out! I already had a pair of Danner Elk Ridge boots and think that they are amazing I absolutely love wearing them even when I'm not hunting or hiking around. The boots I got for my winter fun are the Danner Pathfinder GTX insulated boots. These boots are especially nice this time of year because they have 600 grams of Thinsulate insulation which is perfect for winter hiking. These boots are extremely light especially for how warm and comfortable they are. They are suited with Danner's light weight Mountain Goat outsole which provides amazing traction and durability without weighing down your every step! Danner provides these specs for the Pathfinder GTX:
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
- 600 grams of Thinsulate™ Ultra Insulation offer lightweight warmth for those needing protection in cold climates
- Rugged 1000 Denier nylon for excellent durability and abrasion resistance in a lighter weight package
- TERRA FORCE™ X platform provides lightweight, durable traction, heel-to-toe energy transfer, side support to enhance maneuverability, and protection from arch overwork and fatigue.
- Polyurethane footbeds offer increased padded for comfort and high-mileage arch support
- Foam padded collar for increased ankle comfort and and additional flexibility
- Realtree AP™ is neutral, open, high contrast, and realistic. The High Definition® printing process stands up to the real-life effects of nature
- Mountain Goat TF™ outsole was designed with the mountain goat hoof in mind. The tough outer lugs cut into the terrain and the soft inner padding offers superior traction mimicking the goat’s ability to side hill in any condition
- Nylon shank
- 8" height
The fact that these boots are made of rugged Denier nylon instead of leather, provides a lasting comfort in wet conditions which is perfect for me using them for snowshoeing! These boots have been perfect for my hobby of snowshoeing as well as wearing them icefishing, or even shed hunting. The comfort is amazing and the light weight design is like none other. I have snowshoed in other boots and I hated how they made snowshoeing miserable due to being uncomfortable or extremely heavy.
|Me snowshoeing in my Pathfinder GTX boots!|